8th Feb 2018
2018 Rioja Special Report
Rioja is beginning to fulfil its potential and that's great news for wine lovers.
Spain's most famous region is increasingly exciting. Rioja is about to change how it classifies and promotes its wine. New grape varieties are being planted and old ones rediscovered. And pioneering wine-makers are bringing a fresh approach to what has always been an important but traditional wine-producing region.
My in-depth report covers Rioja’s top producers (big and small), great quality wines and good value wines, Riojas to drink and open later.
Download the report for everything you need to know about what's happening in Rioja right now – based on three weeks of visits, further tastings in London, and more than three decades spent tasting and writing about the region’s wines.
I've tasted 850+ wines so you don't have to. I've also stuck my neck out (again) with my classification of the top producers, so you can drink and buy the best and most interesting wines from Rioja.
This comprehensive 126-page guide includes:
- The Ten Things You Need to Know about Rioja
- Top Wines of the Year (by style)
- Winemakers of the Year
- Scores for nearly 850+ wines
- 550 Tasting Notes (including drinking windows) for wines scoring over 90 points
- My Classification of Rioja's Best Producers
- Evocative photos of the region and its winemakers
- Recommendations for restaurants and further reading
… all for just £20, €23 or $28.