16th May 2018
2018 Argentina Special Report
This is my sixth annual guide to Argentina. With over 1,500 wines tasted and rated, it is the largest and most comprehensive yet. Based on three weeks spent visiting vineyards and wineries in February this year, including a first-ever visit to Jujuy to see the world's highest vineyard, it is an in-depth portrait of a dynamic industry that is not without its challenges right now.
Having visited Argentina almost every year since the early 1990s, I can comment on what's happening there with a measure of authority and identify the key trends and winemakers, as well as the wines that you should buy - and avoid.
My independent, 193-page report includes reviews of wines from all of Argentina's regions and its leading producers, as well as several exciting new names.
My 2018 Argentina Special Report contains:
- Winemakers of the year
- Top 100 wines of the year
- A controversial classification of the best 200 wineries
- Scores for over 1,500 wines
- Tasting notes for 924 wines scoring over 90+ points
- The 10 things you need to know about Argentina, its economy and its wine scene
- A selection of my award-winning photos
- My pick of the country's best restaurants
My 2017 Argentina Special Report is available to download at www.timatkin.com for £20
“Tim Atkin MW is the most authoritative international commentator on Argentinean wine.” Edy del Popolo, Susana Balbo Wines
“One of the most influential wine journalists in the world.” La Nación (Argentina’s leading newspaper)