27th Nov 2016
2015 Rhône Special Report
This is an independent guide for wine lovers who want to know what to buy from the outstanding 2015 Rhône vintage that will bring them pleasure now, next year, and into the future. Not just wines for investment, but also smart buys for weekday drinking and those on a budget. It highlights wines with balance, finesse and drinkability, not just concentration and power. This report will give you an understanding of 2015 in the Rhône and what styles of wine it favoured.
The 2015 vintage was excellent, though not entirely consistent. Of the six weeks I spent in the Rhône this year, two of them were dedicated to tasting the 2015s and visiting key producers in both the Southern and Northern Rhône. This is the fifth vintage I’ve covered for timatkin.com and my longest report to date at over 60 pages, split into easily digestible lists, tables and Top Tens. It contains:
- The 255 wines that you need to know about this year, split into six categories: Northern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape and Other Southern Rhône, both in red and white.
- All wines have a full tasting note, score and drinking window; where available they also include varietal blend, alcohol level, stockist and price.
- The ten things you need to know about 2015 in the Rhône.
- The Top Ten Value Reds, Top Ten Value Whites and Top Ten Estates to Watch.
- An updated vintage guide.
- Winemaker tips on up-and-coming estates.
- Dozens of colour photographs of the region and portraits of some of its most respected winemakers, all taken this year.
- All this for just £15.
Get all of this now by clicking on the link below.